Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Upgrade JDeveloper from 11.1.1.2 to 11.1.1.3 - any ideas?



Tried to upgrade jdev on OSX where I have 11.1.1.2 running happily... get the following wonderfully useful error message: The product maintenance level of the installer (blah blah 11.1.1.3) is not compatible with the maintenance level of the product installed on your system (blah blah 11.1.1.2)

I'll post a solution if/when I find one...

[EDIT: Thanks Shay - choosing a new directory to install JDeveloper does indeed work. I'm not so sure upgrading should really require a 1.5GB download/full install into an alt. directory instead of having some sort of auto-update type feature, but at least it's working. I'll admit it's nice to not worry about dependencies. As for the Maven plugin(developer preview), I'm installing it now and crossing my fingers... ]

2 comments:

shay said...

Try installing it in a new directory and not on top of the existing JDeveloper directory.

Anonymous said...

After you install in a new directory do a check for update to get the new improved Maven extension in this version - so give it a go and let us know how it works for you.